Spring reigns all year round in the Canary Islands. It rarely gets warmer than 28 degrees and temperatures rarely drop below 15 degrees. But not only the mild climate is the reason that the Spanish archipelago is so popular with Germans. Around 2.8 million visitors came here in 2014. The Canaries offer something for every taste. They have wonderful hiking and bathing destinations.
An Island overview…
- Gran Canaria, the third largest of the Canary Islands with miles of beaches and impressive destinations such as the dunes of Maspalomas, which are absolutely unique, or the imposing laurel forest near Moya…
- Tenerife, the largest Canary Island with unique natural landscapes and two world heritage sites: Teide National Park and the old town of La Laguna…
- Fuerteventura, the second largest island in the Canary Islands with the turquoise blue sea, where water sports enthusiasts and cyclists in particular enjoy the great variety of opportunities…
- Lanzarote, the island with the black stone landscapes, where the places were shaped by the unique force of the lava and the sea…
- La Palma with the fantastic hiking trails through the volcanic and jungle landscapes, the green laurel forests and the rugged beauties…
- La Gomera, where rainforests and enchanted valleys can be admired…
- El Hiero, the breathtakingly beautiful island that is a paradise for nature lovers, hikers, mountain bikers and diving enthusiasts…
- La Graciosa, the pearl of the Canaries and the smallest island…
Source: Rund-Um-Spanien.de | Titelfoto: Pixabay
There are currently 30 related links for Canary Islands - Spain listed
- Visit the “Corralejo Sand Dunes Natural Park” on Fuerteventura
Published by Zigzagonearth.com
This is quite a surprise on these volcanic island to see such a large area covered by sand dunes. Most of the time there are only a few small ones. But here they are a few meters high and cover a large area. Plus the white sand contrasts with the dark volcanic rocks and the turquoise of the water as the dunes reach the beach.
- The AQUARIUM Lanzarote
Published by AquariumLanzarote.com
The Aquarium shows typical canarian species such as gilthead seabreams, the golden or Fulas, reptiles like turtles (Caretta Caretta); eye-catching colorful tropical species with manifold forms like clown fishes, blowfishes or hermit crabs, they are all part of the collection of species at the Aquarium of Lanzarote. Visitors also can enjoy a variety of sharks in our underwater tunnel and central tank with 500.000 liters of water...
- Accessible tourism on La Gomera
Published by Hallokanarischeinseln.com
The island of La Gomera is a barrier-free island. Their accommodation, restaurants, transport, activities, beaches, attractions and even their hiking trails are adapted for people with reduced mobility...
Enjoy this Podcast about Spain
The Best Free Podcasts for Learning Spanish and Listening to Slow Spanish News
Published by Mosalingua.com
Listening to Spanish podcasts (along with movies and subtitled TV shows) is a good way to learn Spanish quickly, especially listening comprehension skills. When it comes to memorization, it is not as effective as using flashcards and spaced repetition, like the one in the MosaLingua Learn Spanish app. But a big advantage is that you can listen virtually anywhere, including in the car or while doing chores. In this article, we bring you a list of the best podcasts to learn Spanish. ¡Vamos!
Discover the cuisine of Spain
- Discover the taste of original Spanish dishes
Published by Spain.info
The best-known Spanish cuisine outside its borders is paella, gazpacho (cold vegetable soup), potato omelette, cocido madrileño (chickpeas stewed with meat), Iberian ham, churros and tapas. But there are many other traditional recipes on Spanish dinner tables. The main ingredients differ depending on the region...
- History of Spanish Cuisine
Published by Vitterscatering.com
Spanish food history may be among the most varied and interesting in the world. Since before the Romans the Iberian Peninsular has received influence from many cultures and regions and its gastronomy has evolved along with each century, each invasion and each conquest. Even today, Spanish cuisine is still evolving and continues to be one of the forerunners in the promotion of the healthy Mediterranean diet.
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
Published by SeeMallorca.com
As the world embraces the cult of healthy eating, you'll be pleased to hear that Mallorca hasn’t been left behind. The island offers a wide range of places to sink your teeth into some nutritious organic produce.
Learning languages for your next Vacation per App
Leave the pocket phrasebooks at home and instead get to grips with reading, speaking and understanding the lingo abroad with just a tap of your phone. This overview includes apps for learning languages for your next travel...
Travel knowledge and advices at a glance
Whether you're a first-time traveler or a seasoned veteran, here's the ultimate list of travel information essential for any traveler - There are currently 15 related links listed...
- The Euro – Currency Exchange in other world currencies
Published by Moneyconvert.net
The Euro is the official currency of the European Union in circulation since 1998, about 23 years. In addition, 38 other countries use this money, see the FAQ for more details. The euro is abbreviated by the currency code EUR by ISO:4217 standard, and sign € it's a symbol.
- 19 top airport tips & tricks – This is how the experts do it…
Published by Sorglosfliegen.de
The time at the airport: For many, a necessary evil... For others, a haven of relaxation. But no matter which side you see things from, the following tips will help you to make your time at the airport a little more relaxed. Whether you're a frequent traveler, flight attendant or pilot—these are the tips and tricks from the experts...
Useful travel-tools and accessoises
This is a small preview of travel accessories and tools you might need on the go. We will expand this preview "step-by-step"...
Powerbanks Travel Toiletry Bags Universal Adapter
TSA Luggage Locks* USB C Adapter* USB-Sticks* Memory Cards* Memory Card Protective Bags* Travel Bottle Sets* Travel Neck Pillows* Credit card case with RFID protection* Rolltop bags*
Medical emergency bracelets* International Emergency Passport*
* = Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API / Updated on: 29.09.2022